Terms and Conditions of Services
Ennismore Holdings Limited is a private limited company, registered with Companies House in the United Kingdom under company number 13348771, whose registered office is located at 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, United Kingdom, W6 7AP (“Ennismore“).
Ennismore is a subsidiary of ACCOR S.A. ACCOR S.A. is a public limited company, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of Nanterre under the number 602 036 444, whose registered office is located at 82 Rue Henri Farman CS20077 – 92445 Issy-les-Moulineaux – France and whose intercommunity VAT number is FR 93 602 036 444 (“ACCOR“).
ACCOR is entered in the register of travel agents and other residence operators under the number IM091100035 whose guarantor is: WHITE ROCK INSURANCE (Europe) PCC Limited Vision Exchange Building – Triq it-Territorjals, Zone 1, Central Business District – Birkirkara CBD1070 – MALTA and whose insurer is: CHUBB – 31 place des Corolles – 92400 Courbevoie – France.
Ennismore operates this website soparis.com/en//en/ for hotel reservation and other complementary services (the “Site“).
Contact us at https://group.accor.com/en/contact-us or by telephone on +33 (0)1 45 38 86 00.
Please note any messages sent through the Site are subject to interception and cannot be guaranteed as confidential until they reach us.
- These general terms and conditions (the “Terms“) are intended to define the terms and conditions under which Ennismore allows its customers (the “Customer(s)“) to benefit from all of the services, particularly reservation services, that are available on this Site and are further described below (collectively, the “Services“).
- Prior to reserving any Service on the Site, the Customer declares (i) that said Customer is acting for their own personal purposes that are not part of any commercial activity and (ii) the Customer has the full legal capacity to accept these current Terms.
- The Customer is invited to carefully read these Terms, whose prior acceptance is mandatory for the reservation of any Service offered on the Site.
- Ennismore reserves the right to modify or supplement, at any time, all or part of these Terms. In this case, the new version of the Terms will be available on the Site with the effective date. Customers are advised to regularly consult the Terms to be aware of any changes. In any case, the Customer will only be bound by the version of the Terms in force at the time that the Customer makes the reservation for the Service.
- The Customer assumes the exclusive responsibility of paying, if necessary, for all the technical means necessary to gain access to the Site.
2. Description of the services
- reservation services for hotel rooms or other types of accommodation (“Accommodation Services“); and
- services complementary to such Accommodation Services (“Complementary Services“), on its Site.
Accommodation Services and Complementary Services are hereinafter jointly referred to as the “Ennismore Services“.
2.2 Accommodation Services
- The Site allows the reservation of rooms in hotels or other types of accommodation operated under the “SO/”, an Ennismore brand, ( collectively referred to as the “Establishments“).
- The essential characteristics, availability dates, price, options offered, payment conditions and particular conditions of sale applicable to the selected rate (guarantee policies, cancellation conditions, check-in time, member rate conditions, etc.) of the offered Establishments are presented during the reservation process as described in clause 3 below.
- In this respect, it is noted that each Establishment has its own special terms and conditions applicable to the selected rate also available on the Site (the “Special Conditions“) which are brought to the attention of the Customer prior to any reservation on the Site. For example, check-in and check-out times, guarantee policy, cancellation period, Wi-Fi access, specific conditions applicable to children, and whether animals whether animals (with the exception of service animals) are permitted in the establishment.
- Finally, in accordance with the regulations in force in certain countries, the Customer may be asked to complete a police form upon arrival at the Establishment. To do this, the Customer will be asked to present an identity document in order to verify if they need to complete the police form or not.
2.3 Complementary Services
Complementary Services include travel services within the meaning of clause 3.1 of Directive (EU) 2015/2302 of 25 November 2015 on Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements, which, with the Accommodation Services, may form either a “related travel benefit” or a “tourist package” according to the criteria mentioned in the aforementioned directive. This information is communicated to the Customer prior to the reservation of these services in the Specific Conditions pertaining to each offer.
The Site may also allow the reservation of other types of Complementary Services, such as breakfast, a bottle of champagne on the Customer’s arrival or the upgrade of Accommodation Services.
2.4 Partner Services
Ennismore enters into partnership and distribution agreements with the websites of third parties (the “Partners“) in order to allow the Customer to search for, select and reserve rooms in the Establishments of the different brands distributed by Ennismore on the website of the Partner (the “Partner Services“).
The terms and conditions of sale applicable to these Partner Services are available on the Partner’s website.
For the purposes of these Terms, Partners includes ACCOR and its subsidiaries.
3. Reservation process
The Customer chooses any Service presented on the Site or those of its Partners by following the process provided for this purpose.
3.1 Reservation of Ennismore Services
Reservations for Ennismore Services may be made by the Customer on the Site.
The reservation process varies according to the Customer path and request; it includes the following steps:
- Step 1: the input of search criteria for a destination, Establishment and, where appropriate, one or more Complementary Services;
- Step 2: the results and selection of an Establishment and, if applicable, one or more Complementary Services;
- Step 3: the details and characteristics of the Service(s) selected, especially if it is an Accommodation Service: the characteristics of the Accommodation (type of room, size of the room, TV, minibar, etc.), length of stay, options offered (for example: breakfast, Wi-Fi access, etc.), the total price of the reservation including details of the applicable taxes, the legal information form in the case of a related travel service or tour package, and any applicable Special Conditions (guarantee policies, cancellation policy, check-in time, etc.);
- Step 4: the summary of the Service reservation with:
(a) a statement of the main features (length of stay, features of the Accommodation Service and/or the Complementary Service(s), amount inclusive of applicable taxes) and,
(b) indication by the Customer of their contact information: either through identification by means of an existing account, or by filling in all of the mandatory fields (indicated by an asterisk) with the possibility of saving this information by creating a membership account on the Site or membership of the loyalty programme offered by Ennismore or its Partners (as applicable);
- Step 5: the completion of the Service reservation by the Customer with:
(i) an indication of their payment information, either in the event of the partial or total pre-payment of the reservation prior to the stay, or in the event of a request for a reservation guarantee for the Accommodation Service and:
(ii) the review and acceptance of the Terms and the Special Conditions relating to the reservation prior to validation by the Customer;
- Step 6: the acceptance of the reservation of the Service(s) by Ennismore and the Establishment concerned; and
- Step 7: an email confirming the reservation of the Service(s) is sent to the Customer summarising the Service(s) reserved, the price(s), the Special Conditions accepted by the Customer, the date of the reservation made, the information relating to the after-sales service and access to the Terms and the address of the Establishment at which the Customer can submit any complaints.
All reservations are considered made as soon as the Customer clicks on the “finalise your reservation” page (i) in the case of a prepaid reservation, on the “Pay” button or (ii) in the case of a reservation to be paid for within the Establishment, on the “Confirm” button.
3.2 Reservation of Partner Services
Reservations made by the Customer through Partner Services are made through the website and mobile services of each Partner.
The reservation is made directly between the Customer and the Partners, following the steps provided in the website and mobile services of the Partners.
4. Price and payment
- The prices related to the reservation of the Services are indicated before, during and after the reservation.
- For Accommodation Services, the prices shown are per room for the number of people and date selected.
- When confirming the reservation of a Service, the total price is indicated to the Customer in the amount with taxes included in the business currency of the Establishment (which in some cases may be different from the local currency of the Establishment) and is valid only for the period indicated on the Site.
- If the payment of the total price of the booked Service is made at the Establishment in a currency other than that confirmed on the reservation, the currency exchange costs are the responsibility of the Customer. Note that if a conversion of the currency confirmed on the reservation into another currency appears on the Site, it is given only for informational purposes and is not contractual, especially given the possible change of exchange rates between the reservation date and the dates of stay at the Establishment.
- Unless otherwise stated on the Site, the options (for example, breakfast, half-board, full-board etc.) that are not offered during the reservation of the Service are not included in the price.
- The tourist tax, presented during the reservation process of the Service, is to be paid directly on location at the Establishment, except in the event of online pre-payment prior to the stay, where the amount can be included.
- The prices take account of the applicable taxes on the day of the reservation and any change of the applicable taxes will be automatically reflected in the price indicated on the billing date.
- Any modification or introduction of new legal or regulatory fees imposed by the competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the price indicated on the billing date.
- Some promotional offers are available only on the Site and sold exclusively on the internet, and in no case are available at the reception of the Establishment.
4.2 Best Price Guarantee
If the Customer should find a lower price elsewhere within 24 hours of booking on the Site and no later than 48 hours before the planned date of arrival at the Establishment, Ennismore and/or the Establishment(s) undertake to match the lowest rate and to offer a discount in the amount of 25%. The conditions of eligibility for this offer and the procedure to be followed in order to benefit from it are described in the “Best Price Guarantee” general conditions.
- The Customer provides their payment information (i) to pre-pay the reservation before the stay, or (ii) as a guarantee of the reservation, indicating directly, in the area provided for such a purpose (secure entry by SSL encryption) when it is a payment card: the payment card number, without spaces between the figures, its date of validity (it is noted that the bank card used must be valid at the time of stay) and the security code as part of a pre-payment on the payment platforms mentioned below.
- Ennismore has chosen OGONE/Ingenico Payment Services (i.e. Payment Service Provider) /CyberSource/Adyen/Stripe/Banque Casino/Silkpay/ShareGroop/AsiaPay/First Data to secure online payments by bank card. The payment card of the Customer is examined for its validity by these partners and can be refused for several reasons: card stolen or blocked, limit reached, input error, etc. In the event of any problem, the Customer will have to approach their bank and the Establishment or any other entity to confirm their reservation of the Service and payment method.
- The online payment methods (cards, wallet, etc.) available and mentioned on the payment page of the Site may be Visa and Mastercard, American Express, JCC, Diners, China UnionPay, Post Finance, ELO, Bancontact, Sofort, iDeal, Przelewy24, PayPal, Alipay, WeChat, ShareGroop, and Banque Casino cards. This list is subject to change.
- In the event of payment to the Establishment or any other entity, each Establishment or any other entity may accept different means of payment, but the Customer must present the payment card to the Establishment that they used to guarantee the reservation or make the pre-payment.
- The Establishment may also ask the Customer to present an identification document for the purpose of payment card fraud prevention.
- If the Customer has not pre-paid for their stay online, the Establishment may, upon arrival, ask the Customer for a deposit or an authorisation to debit the payment card to guarantee payment of the sums corresponding to the services consumed on-site.
- Members of the ACCOR loyalty programme may use their points to book all or part of an eligible Ennismore Service on the Site according to the conditions described in the loyalty programme.
- In the event of the Customer’s failure to show up on the first day of their reservation of an Accommodation Service (“no show”), the Customer’s reservation will be cancelled in full. The Customer is informed that in such a case, the Establishment will put his or her rooms up for sale and if the reservation is non-cancellable / non-exchangeable / non-refundable, the Customer will not be entitled to any reimbursement or compensation. If the reservation is guaranteed by payment card or had been the subject of a bank pre-authorisation, the Establishment will charge the Customer the cost of the first night on the payment card that has been given as a guarantee for the reservation and any additional nights of the reservation will be cancelled free of charge, unless otherwise indicated in the Special Conditions.
- At the time of pre-payment, the amount that is debited when reserving the Service includes the total amount indicated at the time of reservation (including all applicable taxes) and, if applicable, the price of the options selected by the Customer, as described in clause 4.1 above.
- An invoice will be sent in electronic format to the e-mail address communicated by the Customer at the time of making the reservation; if the Customer wishes to receive an invoice in paper format, they must expressly request this from the Establishment concerned.
5. Cancellation or modification of a service reservation
- For Accommodation Services (the reservation of rooms at an Establishment or other types of accommodation), it is noted that consumer law provides an exemption to the usual right of withdrawal or cancellation for contracts concerning the provision of accommodation services to be provided at a specified date or period.
- For each reservation of a Service, the Special Conditions specify the conditions to cancel and/or modify the reservation.
- Reservations with prepayment will not be subject to any changes and/or cancellations. The deposit (money paid in advance) will not be reimbursed. This is noted in the Special Conditions.
- When the Special Conditions allow:
(a) the cancellation of the reservation of a Service can be made directly on the Site in the “Consult or cancel your reservation” section; and
(b) the modification of the reservation of a Service can be done directly with the Establishment, whose contact information, including telephone number, is specified on the reservation confirmation e-mail.
- In the event of an interruption of a Service by the Customer, the entire agreed-upon price will be charged. No refund will be granted in the event of a reservation with pre-payment prior to the stay.
- In the case of an Accommodation Service, unless otherwise expressly stipulated in the Special Conditions, the Customer must leave the room of the Establishment before the time indicated by the Establishment, generally 12 noon on the last day of the reservation. Otherwise, the Customer will be charged for an additional night.
6. Obligations and responsibility of the customer
- The Customer is solely responsible for their choice of Services on the Site and their suitability for their needs, so that Ennismore cannot be pursued for liability in this regard.
- The Customer is also solely responsible for the information provided when creating their account and/or any reservation of a Service. Ennismore cannot be held liable for any erroneous or fraudulent information provided by the Customer. In addition, only the Customer is responsible for the use of their account and any reservation made, both on behalf of the Customer and on behalf of third parties, including minors, except to demonstrate fraudulent use arising from no fault or negligence on the part of such Customer. In this respect, the Customer must immediately inform Ennismore of any hacking or fraudulent use of their e-mail address by contacting its customer service department, whose details are provided in clause 9.
- The Customer agrees to use the Site and the Services offered therein in compliance with the applicable regulations and these Terms. In the event of a breach of the Customer’s obligations under these Terms, the Customer is liable for damages caused by him/her to Ennismore or third parties. In this regard, the Customer commits to guaranteeing Ennismore against all claims, actions or recourse of any kind that may arise and to compensate for any damages, fees or any compensation related thereto.
- The Customer, in particular, commits to making a final reservation of a Service, pay the price thereof and comply with the Special Conditions relating thereto. In fact:
- any reservation or payment that is irregular, ineffective, incomplete or fraudulent for a reason attributable to the Customer will result in the cancellation of the Service reservation at the expense of the Customer, without prejudice to any action that Ennismore may bring against such a Customer;
- the Customer shall not invite into the Establishment any person whose behaviour is likely to be disruptive to the Establishment and/or to the stay of other Customers
- the Customer shall not bring into the Establishment (communal areas and/or bedrooms) beverages or food from outside sources, unless clearly permitted in advance by the Establishment in question;
- the Customer shall not smoke in public premises and should only smoke in bedrooms if they have been classified as a smoking room and booked in advance as such a room. Some Establishments are 100% non-smoking, which means that smoking in the bedrooms is also forbidden.
- the Customer shall not disrupt or interfere with the operations of the Establishment including its staff shall not compromise the safety of the Establishment or the persons within.
- more broadly, any behaviour contrary to good morals and public order at the Establishment, as well as any violation of the Internal Regulations of the Establishment will cause the Director of the Establishment and/or any other service provider to ask the Customer to leave the premises without any compensation and/or refund if a payment has already been made. In the case where no payment has yet been made, the Customer must pay the price of the Services consumed before leaving the premises;
- any minor must be accompanied by an adult and be in possession of a personal identity document; this adult may be any person with parental consent (the Establishment may be able to request proof of this parental consent); and
- the Customer also undertakes to ensure that the computer resources made available by the Establishment (including the Wi-Fi network) are not used in any way to reproduce, represent, make available or communicate to the public works or objects protected by copyright or related intellectual property rights, such as text, images, photographs, musical works, audiovisual works, software and video games, without the authorisation of the right holders provided for in Books I and II of the Intellectual Property Code when such authorisation is required. The Customer is also required to comply with the security policy of the internet access provider of the Establishment, including the guidelines for the security measures implemented to prevent the illicit use of resources and to refrain from any act undermining the effectiveness of such measures.
- The Customer will be liable for all damage caused by him and/or his guests within the Establishment and shall bear all costs arising from such damage and/or failure to comply with the above rules. Ennismore reserves the right to intervene if necessary and to take any appropriate action against the Customer.
7. Obligations and responsibility of Ennismore
- Ennismore undertakes, within an obligation of means, to provide access to the Site and the Services offered in accordance with the Terms, to act with diligence and competence, and to make every effort, within a reasonable limit, to remedy any malfunction brought to its attention.
- Ennismore may, however, be forced to temporarily suspend the Site without notice, especially for technical reasons involving maintenance, without incurring liability.
- The Customer acknowledges and accepts that Ennismore’s liability does not extend to any inconvenience or damage arising from the use of the internet network, including, but not limited to:
(a) the poor transmission and/or reception of any data and/or information over the internet;
(b) the failure of any reception equipment or lines of communication; and
(c) any malfunction of the internet network that prevents the Site from operating properly and/or reserving the Services.
- The Site may redirect users to web links of other websites that are published and managed by third parties for which Ennismore disclaims any liability for the content of such websites and the services offered therein. In this respect, it is specifically noted that partners are responsible for the promotion of the offers published on their own websites. The decision to consult third-party websites is therefore the full and complete responsibility of the Customer.
- Ennismore serves as an intermediary between each of the Establishments and the Customer, which the Customer recognises and expressly accepts. As such, Ennismore has a mandate regarding the negotiation, training and marketing of Ennismore Services at the Establishments. It is noted that the Establishments are operated by legal entities that are distinct from Ennismore.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that in the event of litigation and/or a complaint relating to a stay at an Establishment or the reservation of an Ennismore Service, the Customer undertakes to exclusively contact the operating company of the Establishment concerned and that in this respect, the Customer cannot in any way seek the liability of Ennismore or any Ennismore group company for deficiencies attributable to the Establishment. Information concerning the Establishment is available (i) in the booking confirmation e-mail and (ii) on the Establishment’s form on the Site.
8. Force majeure and relocation
- Neither of the Parties can be held liable to the other party in the event of the non-fulfilment of its obligations resulting from a Force Majeure Event. It is expressly agreed that a Force Majeure Event suspends the performance of the reciprocal obligations of the Parties and that each Party bears the burden of the costs arising therefrom.
- If a Force Majeure Event lasts more than thirty (30) days after its occurrence, these Terms may be terminated by any of the Parties without any of them being able to claim damages.
In the case of a Force Majeure Event, an exceptional event or impossibility to carry out the Service and, in particular, making the room of the Establishment available to the Customer, the Establishment may reserve the option of providing accommodation to the Customer, in whole or in part, at an Establishment in the equivalent category or perform a Service of the same nature, subject to the prior agreement of the Customer. The reasonable expenses relating to the transfer (additional cost of the rooms, transportation and a phone call) between the two Establishment shall be payable by the concerned Establishment in accordance with the existing standard procedure of the said Establishment.
- For the purposes of these Terms, “Force Majeure Event” means an event of an extraordinary nature, which was not caused by the Party claiming for it and which was beyond the reasonable control of the Party claiming it (“Claiming Party”). Force Majeure Event includes any:
- strike, labour walkout or other labour interruption/disputes;
- acts of God;
- failure of power;
- civil commotion, riots or insurrections;
- acts of terrorism;
- embargos, sanctions or similar restrictions;
- damage or destruction;
- earthquake, hurricane, flood, fire;
- material disruption in airline or other transportation systems;
- act of a Governmental Authority;
- local, regional or world threats or outbreak of infectious disease, epidemic or pandemic disease(s); and
- travel advisories or alerts issued by any Governmental Authority or any international agency or body.
- “Force Majeure Event” does not include any party’s failure to pay or reimburse any amounts due hereunder as and when due.
9. Contact, customer service and complaints
- Customer Service is at your disposal to address any claim relating to a Service on the Site.
You can reach us at the Support area
Or you may write to us at:
Customer Service for Reservations
2 Rue de la Mare Neuve
91021 Evry – FRANCE
- To facilitate the processing of complaints, it is advisable to send the complaints in writing to the Customer Service Department concerning the non-performance or poor performance of the Services within eight (8) days after the date of completion of the Service.
- In its relations with the customer service department, the Customer undertakes to remain courteous and not to make any derogatory comments, in particular with regard to Ennismore, the Establishments, the entities of its group or its employees or collaborators, in accordance with the rules of common sense and politeness. Ennismore reserves the right to take all appropriate measures against the Customer in the event of prejudicial or reprehensible behaviour (in particular unfortunate, malicious or insulting behaviour) with regard to Ennismore, the Establishments, entities of its group or its employees or collaborators.
10. Privacy and personal data protection
- Thus, the information collected as part of the Customer’s reservation is intended for Ennismore , its entities (including ACCOR and its group entities), its partners, its service providers (in particular online payment service providers) and the Establishments for the purpose of executing the reservation or taking pre-contractual measures. Once the guarantees provided for by the applicable regulations have been put in place, the Customer’s data may be transferred from Europe to countries that do not ensure, from the point of view of the United Kingdom and the European Union, an equivalent level of data protection.
- In particular, in order to secure payment transactions, Ennismore group entities process personal data to determine the level of fraud risk associated with each transaction. On this occasion, Ennismore and the Establishments may use the Ennismore group risk prevention service provider to refine their analysis. Depending on the results of the investigations carried out, Ennismore group may take security measures, in particular requesting the Customer to use a different reservation channel or an alternative payment method. These measures will have the effect of suspending the execution of the reservation or, if the result of the analysis does not guarantee the safety of the order, of cancelling it. Fraudulent use of a means of payment leading to payment default may result in the Customer being entered in the Ennismore group incident file, which may lead Ennismore group to block future payments or carry out additional checks.
- The input of the required bank information and the acceptance of these Terms and the Special Terms and Conditions by electronic means constitute an electronic contract between the Parties which is proof between the Parties of the reservation of the Service and the payment of the sums due upon the execution of said reservation.
- The Terms and the applicable Special Conditions constitute the entirety of the obligations of the Parties. No other condition communicated by the Customer may be incorporated herein.
- In the event of a contradiction between the Special Conditions and the Terms, the Special Conditions will be the only ones applicable for the obligation concerned. In case of contradiction between, on the one hand, the general terms and conditions, of whatever nature, of a Partner and these Terms, on the other, the stipulations of these Terms will be the only ones applicable to the obligation at issue.
- If one or more stipulations of these Terms are deemed to be invalid or declared as such under a law, regulation or following a decision adjudicated by a competent jurisdiction that has become final, any other stipulations shall remain in force to their full extent.
- The authentic language is English. If the Terms are translated into a foreign language, the English language will prevail over any other translation in the event of any dispute, litigation, difficulty of interpretation or in the fulfilment of these conditions and, in a more general manner, regarding the relations between the Parties.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Ennismore may assign these Terms and all of the rights and obligations attached thereto to any third party without the prior written consent of the Customer. The Customer agrees that such assignment releases Ennismore for future deeds. The Customer may not assign the Terms, nor the rights and obligations attached thereto to third parties without the prior written consent of Ennismore.
12. Applicable law and dispute resolution
- The Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in relation to these Terms shall be governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with English law.
- After having appealed to Customer Service or the Establishment to try to resolve the dispute amicably, and in the event of a negative answer or the absence of an answer within sixty (60) days from the referral, the Customer can contact the Mediator for Tourism and Travel – BP 80303 – 75823 Paris Cedex 17 for the Ennismore group subsidiary and managed hotels and for the Ennismore franchised hotels that have decided to resort to the Mediator for Tourism and Travel.
- The Mediator’s referral procedure and contact information are available by clicking this link on the Reservation tab in the Help and Support section, or at the website mtv.travel.
- The referral to the Mediator can be done within twelve (12) months after the first complaint.
- The Mediator’s referral form is accessible at this link.
- In the event of dispute at an Establishment located in Portugal that could not have been settled by the Establishment concerned or by Customer Service, the Customer is invited to make a claim on the complaint platform provided for this purpose, available on the presentation page of the Establishment concerned. The platform is accessible at the following link: livroreclamacoes.pt.
- Ennismore also informs the Customer of the existence of a European Online Dispute Resolution (“ODR“) Platform to which the Customer may resort. The Customer may access it at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
Version as at 24 June 2022.